Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Remembrance


Remembrance, originally uploaded by fionalongart.

Achei divertido este projecto artístico e adorei a descrição feita pela autora:

Thought this a very funny art project and loved the author's description:

"I decided for my nets, maps and grids project to do a tribute on Rememberance Sunday to those who gave their lives for us at war. The red ribbon signifies the blood that was shed. I went to the Tate Modern where there are lots of very closely planted silver birch trees which I think are beautiful. I then wrapped the red ribbon around the trunks of the trees in a grid like formation. Loads of people asked me what I was doing. I told them that it was a piece of art in commemoration of Rememberence Sunday and they all seemed pretty happy with that. Everyone seemed to like it including a nice security guard from the Tate Modern who asked me if it was an art project and said I should take lots of photos. I overheard one man though, walking along with his wife saying “No dear, it’s to stop people walking through the trees…. well, I suppose it could be art!” A lot of people assumed I’d been commissioned by the Tate Modern I think! Maybe one day, but for now I’m happy to have some art work at least in the grounds of the Tate Modern! I wonder how long it will stay there?It would be interesting to know what reactions it would have got if I weren’t in the grounds of a modern art museum. People seemed very open to it being art there but I wonder what people would have thought if I’d done it in Hyde Park? Perhaps art is context dependant!

http://www.fionalongart.co.uk/